Due to the complexities and constant redevelopment of modern utility companies billing and logistics systems, it inevitable at times that certain classes/types of bills calculate incorrectly. Large complex systems often get a good percentage of bills correct, but fail on complex meter scenarios or where base data is deficient.
Ofgem penalties for “consistent” incorrect billing can be sizeable, so Redwither Software has worked alongside major Electricity companies in the UK for over 20 years to supply bespoke billing solutions to help correct bills quickly and efficiently and send the corrected bills back to the host system.
To provide compliance with existing systems we can:
- Take feeds of current tariffs, time-bands, discounts, seasonal changes, additional charges, meter information, date range specific items and anything else deemed necessary
- Provide MIS reporting to monitor correction processes and progress
- Export to host system the updated items in required formats such as CSV, xml etc.
- Print to custom pre-printed stationary
Bespoke Billing software has in the past provided functionality as below:
- Complex multi meter registers
- Meter exchanges
- Extra and blank events
- Tariff maintenance
- Change of occupier
- Additional charges maintenance
- Imperial and metric meter maintenance
- Billing period maintenance
- Single and Dual fuel billing
- Previews of changed bills before final completion, to aid validation
- Complex validation checks based on many scenarios to eliminate further incorrect billing
- Configurable plausibility re-billing levels can be set with failures sent to supervisor for analysis
- Templating so all types of existing pre-printed stationary within the organisation can be catered for
- Supervisor and Operator levels to allow different levels of access and processing
- Allocation of jobs and work in GUI interface to specific users
- Workflow integration to make re-billing input more structured and a GUI which is "interface guiding"
- Full audit trail of logon, updates and changes
Contact us now to help improve your billing accuracy, save money on penalties and keep compliance with your current business practices.